Co-founded by Nicole Garton, B.A., L.L.B., TEP and Brian Dougherty, B.Comm., CPA, CA, Heritage Trust is incorporated under the Financial Institutions Act (BC) and is regulated by the Financial Institutions Commission (FICOM), a government agency of the Province of British Columbia.
Heritage Trust focuses on estates and trusts involving complex and sensitive issues. Administering an estate or acting in a fiduciary role can be time consuming and difficult, especially when one is dealing with the illness or loss of a loved one. Heritage Trust helps beneficiaries and stakeholders navigate through a challenging environment and time.
Heritage Trust also has extensive experience partnering with business families to achieve their long term strategic, wealth and family objectives. Finally, in full compliance with all regulatory and business requirements, Heritage Trust regularly acts in the role of escrow agent and mutual fund trustee.
Why Heritage Trust?
1. We ensure your wishes are carried out.
- We work with you and your professional advisors to design the right solution, customized for you.
- We plan for the worst and manage for the best.
- You will have peace of mind to know that your wishes will be carried out, correctly and effectively.
2. We are good at what we do.
- We have significant knowledge, technical expertise and years of direct experience in estates, fiduciary duties, tax and family enterprise.
- We are established, skilled, experienced, highly respected professionals in our field.
3. We are noted experts in conflict prevention and resolution.
- We have many years of experience working with individuals, families and businesses undergoing transitions or experiencing conflict.
- We are skilled at managing complexity and successfully moving people and organizations through conflict to resolution.
4. We give back to the community through the Heritage Trust Foundation.
- Giving back to the community is a fundamental part of who we are.
- We devote significant resources and time to the North Shore Pro Bono Society, which provides free legal education and pro bono conflict resolution services to underserved individuals in our community.